Path not closing with pen tool

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When drawing inside or when drawing a shape on top of an other shape's anchorpoints (shape underneath is locked) I'm unable to close the path with the pentool.
Instead of closing the shape I put 2 anchorpoints on top of each other. Also don't see the small circle indication appearing to close of the path. 
Only solution found so far is joing anchorpoints, but I don't feel like doing that much longer.
Issue is only occuring since a couple of days. I have no issues with standard pentool drawing
Please help! (Thanks!)

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to hide the underneath shape? could it help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you trying to preserve a bezier curve?

If not just use Ctrl-J (I'm guessing Cmd-J on Mac?), if you have a lot of open paths you can draw around the whole object(s) with the knife tool and it will close them all - see http://vectorboom.com/load/tips/techniques/pathclothing/16-1-0-158 for a better explanation. There are scripts too (see end of web page above)

If you need to preserve the bezier curve(s) of the end points you'll need a plug-in like VectorScribe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines