• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pathfinder reduces shape width value

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was an existing problem in previous AI versions but I've now updated to 25.0.1 (64-bit) and there is still bugs in the transform window.

See images, the shape was 86 px by 86 px and after applying the "Minus front" option the width is now 85.8795 px. This drives me nuts! I like to work aligning to position and always use rounded numbers and this messes with my whole work.

01.png02.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

How about:

The "circles" left and right are no longer "complete" after using the pathfinder. Therefore the resulting shape is a little smaller afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about:

The "circles" left and right are no longer "complete" after using the pathfinder. Therefore the resulting shape is a little smaller afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. I think I don't trust Illustrator since the thousandth of pixels adding problem still persists. If I leave the full circles the width number is 86.0006 px which makes no sense.

circle.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forgot to include this image where a simple cross gets reduced when no part was taken, just 2 same size rectangles change size when they are merged.

cross.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines