pattern not saved when reopen AI and PDF file

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make several patterns by open jpeg file ion illustrator

and drag the photo into the swatches box and 'save swatches' out of it

and then I saved all of them as 'Save Swatch Library as AI'

now I open my working file where there are line drawings and I open my previous pattern library

I apply that pattern as a fill color for my line drawings

I saved my file in 2 version as AI and also PDF(preserve illustrator editing capabilities and create acrobat layers from top-level layers) and I closed the file

but when I reopen both my AI file and PDF file, all the pattern I made in the line drawing disappeared. So my drawing is filled with nothing.

*I tried unchecking the 'preserve illustrator editing capabilities' and 'create acrobat layers from top-level layers' and it works when I reopen. But I still need file that I can come back to edit it

Can you please help me what step am I missing here? I don't want to redo it again every time I open the file.

Thanks alot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sira,

Sorry to hear about this. I tried but could not reproduce this behavior at my end. I would request if you can please share a few more details like:

• Step by step workflow of the issue(or a small video of the issue).
  • Is it happening with a new file as well?
  • Could you please confirm where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Will it be possible for you to share a sample file? Is yes, please upload it to Creative Cloud/ Google Drive/ Dropbox and share the direct download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.  I've had it before too. Then it helped to use script to PDF instead of save as. But since then that is the method I use and I am having the problem again.  It even happens when I rasterize the filled images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines