Highlighted

PATTERN PLACEMENT in a SHAPE

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use illustrator on my laptop and my iMac. On my iMac, when I move a shape (from right to left for example) with a pattern inside, the pattern doesn't change, it is places exactly the same way, so I can control the placement of the pattern. On my laptop the pattern changes automatically when I change the place of the shape, to adapt to the placement of the pattern, without the ability to control it. Where is the command for that?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Preferences > General > Transform Pattern Tiles

Transform option in the Transform panel menu.

Options for the transform tools (Rotate, Move, Scale)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PATTERN PLACEMENT in a SHAPE

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use illustrator on my laptop and my iMac. On my iMac, when I move a shape (from right to left for example) with a pattern inside, the pattern doesn't change, it is places exactly the same way, so I can control the placement of the pattern. On my laptop the pattern changes automatically when I change the place of the shape, to adapt to the placement of the pattern, without the ability to control it. Where is the command for that?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Where can I find it then?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
Resources