Highlighted

Pattern swatches are not being cropped

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all! Bit of a weird issue here.

I make a LOT of seamless patterns in Illustrator and haven't ever really had an issue until now. I build the composition, put a shape with no stroke or fill in the back, and drag my objects to the swatches pattern. When I do this, the pattern should automatically crop itself to the unfilled shape in the back. Lately, I've been doing this exact thing, but the pattern won't crop within the bounds of the unfilled back object. I've also tried the pattern<make option and I have the same result. I'd like to be able to keep making patterns without having to make a clipping mask. Anybody have any idea why this is happening?

Additionally, the document has no guides or other items in the artboard. I have no idea why it's doing this. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 6.36.17 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pattern swatches are not being cropped

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all! Bit of a weird issue here.

I make a LOT of seamless patterns in Illustrator and haven't ever really had an issue until now. I build the composition, put a shape with no stroke or fill in the back, and drag my objects to the swatches pattern. When I do this, the pattern should automatically crop itself to the unfilled shape in the back. Lately, I've been doing this exact thing, but the pattern won't crop within the bounds of the unfilled back object. I've also tried the pattern<make option and I have the same result. I'd like to be able to keep making patterns without having to make a clipping mask. Anybody have any idea why this is happening?

Additionally, the document has no guides or other items in the artboard. I have no idea why it's doing this. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 6.36.17 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the file this is impossible to solve.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Resources