• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC gets slow/laggy after using Illustrator for 1 to 2 Hours

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this weird issue that all the programs of my PC gets slow or laggy after using Illustrator for 1 hour or more. I'm not even using illustrator by the time that my PC gets laggy, i'm just browsing facebook while listening to windows media player ( Illustrator is in idle and no file is currently opened). My PC perfomance comes to normal everytime i close illustrator. I already uninstall-reinstalled and formatted my system as i thought it would fix the problem but it didn't. 

Anyone knows how to fix this please? Below is my sytem specs

AI version : 2017 (I'm always using this)

Core i7 processor

16gb RAM

Nvidia Geforce 1050ti 4gb Graphic Card

250GB SSD

1000GB HD

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS?
Also, is there any specific reason you use Adobe Illustrator CC2017?
My recommendation would be to update it to CC2020. It'll give you better performance and stability with new features.

If you do not want to do that, please try the steps provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance-windows.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, my OS version is Windows 10 64 V1909. I'm using 2017 version of Illustrator because it is the last version of it that has the feature of turning off "Enhance Thin Lines". I used to illustrate very thin and huge number of thin lines that's why this feature is very important to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines