I´m not sure if I´m right in this part of adobe community, so please be patient!
In our company we have many plans from distribution cabinets for energy distribution.
Our technical department works with Zuken E3 (electro-CAD software). From there, we make the papers for the production. Since some time, we also want to use the 2D-graphics for our product catalogs which we layout in Adobe Indesign.
The way we do:
- PDF Export from E3 (Some Layers and Textinformations are hidden, drawing is reduced to black and white...)
- Marketing department opens the pdf with Adobe Illustrator and deletes some more details which are not neccessary and saves as vector-graphic .ai
- The drawings are linked to the Adobe Indesign catalog-file
- The PDFs and vector-graphics don´t only contain the visible information, but also invisible objects from the E3-File (for example when you delete the foremost component in Illustrator, the next one behind is visible).
- This invisible Information is not neccessary and makes the catalog-PDF extremely large.
We have no possibility to influence the PDF creation process from E3. So ist there any possibility to reduce a PDF or vector file only to the visible layers or paths?
Attached you can find a PDF which we get from CAD-Software.
Hi Johannes, the file attached comes as one layer, so is this the final file output from the CAD software? If so I don't think it will be possible without the maual process of deleting elements you don't need.