Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF or vector clean up

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hy @Deleted User!

I´m not sure if I´m right in this part of adobe community, so please be patient!

In our company we have many plans from distribution cabinets for energy distribution.

Our technical department works with Zuken E3 (electro-CAD software). From there, we make  the papers for the production. Since some time, we also want to use the 2D-graphics for our product catalogs which we layout in Adobe Indesign.

The way we do:

- PDF Export from E3 (Some Layers and Textinformations are hidden, drawing is reduced to black and white...)

- Marketing department opens the pdf with Adobe Illustrator and deletes some more details which are not neccessary and saves as vector-graphic .ai

- The drawings are linked to the Adobe Indesign catalog-file

Problem:

- The PDFs and vector-graphics don´t only contain the visible information, but also invisible objects from the E3-File (for example when you delete the foremost component in Illustrator, the next one behind is visible).

- This invisible Information is not neccessary and makes the catalog-PDF extremely large.

We have no possibility to influence the PDF creation process from E3. So ist there any possibility to reduce a PDF or vector file only to the visible layers or paths?

Attached you can find a PDF which we get from CAD-Software.

thanks in advance

johannes

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johannes, the file attached comes as one layer, so is this the final file output from the CAD software? If so I don't think it will be possible without the maual process of deleting elements you don't need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hy!

Yes, this is the final Output from CAD.

But what will be the difference if there are layers? Because  you don´t know, which layers are visible.

I don´t understand, why the vector-format doesn´t know, which path is visible or not, becaus the sequence of the layers in illustrator defines the visibility (or not?)

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines