PDF Pages removed in Acrobat still visible in Illustrator?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly use Acrobat to “organise” (ie. delete) pages that have been created from multiple artboards within a single illstrutator document. ( I do a lot of label work and clients sometimes neeed sinle products from within a range oto be sent to print etc).

I have noticed in the last couple of days that - when I use illustrator to open up PDFs which have had pages removed via Acrobat's "organise" function - the pages that we removed are actually still visible as artboards?

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Its sure to cause confusion in future. 

Best,

Ryan. 

TOPICS
Bug, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save PDFs with Illustrator editing capabilities on, you are creating a file with an AI portion that Acrobat can't edit. When you open the file again in Illustrator, you see the AI side of the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Doug, but that seems like a fairly crazy idiosyncracy.

We most often need to preserve editability - the flexibility and speed of "organise pages" is fantastic - but its obvious we cant control how a pdf will be access by the end recipient.

Thanks for the clarification, though. 

R.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typo central today, apologies!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save the file for editing as an .ai file and the one for customers as pdf without Illustrator Editing Capabilities.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines