• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF's wont open in other softwares

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved print files as pdf for sublimation. When the printers open them in their software there is not information. It can be seen in html previewer and they can see the art their. Any suggestions? It seems like this started when I updated about 2 weeks ago.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

It was not due to the way I was creating files. Number of shapes should not affect the ability to open in corel or any other vector based software. It was due to Illustrator Default setting upon saving after updating all my softwares. I only had to change the compatibility setting and that fixed my issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure which software you mean.

I can see your file in a browser,  in Acrobat in Preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was created in Illustrator and then pdf wouldnt open any information in Corel. Also saved a SVG that did the same thing. They are able to see when opened in browser but when using another software it would try to open and nothing could be seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe when you clean up your file with Pathfinder Merge?

And save the file as a PDF version that can be understood in the other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was not due to the way I was creating files. Number of shapes should not affect the ability to open in corel or any other vector based software. It was due to Illustrator Default setting upon saving after updating all my softwares. I only had to change the compatibility setting and that fixed my issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines