Highlighted

PDF Settings

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I want to learn, if is there any way for saving the Illustrator file as a PDF with the high dpi but compressed but also cannot be changed or copied as like a image?

I'm working for one printing company, before sending the files to the prints, we have to get a confirm from the clients, the problem is now we saw couple of the clients are just steeling the designs, so I wanna create one file seems like PDF but actually is not a PDF :). My solution was exporting the file as PNG and after with Adobe Acrobat chanching it back to the PDF, but I'm in search of a more easy solution.. Any idea? 

Thanks! 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Kedy,

For CMYK printing, a PNG will destroy the colours because it is RGB so you will get a double conversion.

To reduce to a CMYK raster image you can use TIFF.

But still, with a raster image good enough (and large enough in file size), it is possible for anyone to recreate a(n inferior) vector version.

The best way is to ensure agreement on copyright/nonstealing. Or, even better, avoid dodgy partners.

TOPICS
Import and export, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF Settings

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I want to learn, if is there any way for saving the Illustrator file as a PDF with the high dpi but compressed but also cannot be changed or copied as like a image?

I'm working for one printing company, before sending the files to the prints, we have to get a confirm from the clients, the problem is now we saw couple of the clients are just steeling the designs, so I wanna create one file seems like PDF but actually is not a PDF :). My solution was exporting the file as PNG and after with Adobe Acrobat chanching it back to the PDF, but I'm in search of a more easy solution.. Any idea? 

Thanks! 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Kedy,

For CMYK printing, a PNG will destroy the colours because it is RGB so you will get a double conversion.

But still, with a raster image good enough (and large enough in file size), it is possible for anyone to recreate a(n inferior) vector version.

The best way is to ensure agreement on copyright/nonstealing. Or, even better, avoid dodgy partners.

TOPICS
Import and export, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kedy,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jacob - I posted a question in the "How To" called Using Image Trace within Illustrator - could you have a look at that

Cheers Bruce McGrath

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0