• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen and live paint tools and layers disappeared

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! So I am a beginner in creating in illustrator. I was using the pen tool along with the live paint option over a pixel layer. I had my separate pen drawing layer, pixel layer, and live paint layer. However, I'm not sure what I did when I was saving it, and now I cannot edit the piece. My pen tool and live paint layers are gone and it's just a single layer that looks like a jpeg that was put into an illustrator file. Has anyone else encountered this and possibly know what I did wrong? I am just going to insert a photo, I do not have a screenshot from before tho, it's just the single layer now. any help would be appreciated. Thank youScreen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.33.52 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tatiana, 

Thanks for the screenshot, that always helps in answering posts. Your appearance plaette is blocking your filename so I cannot confirm, but you may have saved as a .pdf and opened that in Illustrator. Alwasy save a .ai file, and an additional file format for importing into other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines