Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure in Mojave

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having problems with pen pressure on latest Illustrator and Mojave.
I did check the System Preferences - > Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility and Automation options and while it works fine on Photoshop, it doesn't on Illustrator.

My pen tablet is a Wacom Bamboo CTL-470 and Its drivers are up to date.

I've already reinstalled Illustrator. Is this a known issue? What can I try to fix this annoying problem?
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

I got a mail from this forum regarding Illustrator (CC). I followed their instructions and it works.

First you uninstall Illustrator (CC). Then you uninstall Wacom. After that install Illustrator again and after that the latest Wacom-driver.

It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please confirm if your Wacom driver version is 6.3.31+. As per Wacom, only these drivers are compatible with Mojave, please check out this link: Wacom Customer Support | Wacom

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the latest driver available on wacom website, for this tablet (BAMBOO CTL-470)

Drivers | Wacom

I can tell you it worked fine with latest Mojave beta, but now it is not with final version. It's strange because it works fine with Photoshop, and that makes me think it's not an OS problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rutturem31726903  schrieb

I can tell you it worked fine with latest Mojave beta, but now it is not with final version. It's strange because it works fine with Photoshop, and that makes me think it's not an OS problem.

If it worked fine with the Mojave beta, but not with the final Mojave version, then maybe you should ask Apple about it, because Illustrator didn't have an update in that period of time ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue on my Intuos CTL-4100 (latest driver and firmware) + Mojave. Only Illustrator CC (updated) have the pen pressure problem…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue on my Intuos CTH-490 ART (6.3.31-4) + Mojave.  The Photoshop and Illustrator CC (updated) having the pen pressure problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same thing happens to me, it does NOT detect the pressure of the pencil of my NEW Wacom Intuos CTL-6100 tablet!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried adjusting the pen pressure settings in the Wacom control panel? It may be that they have been reset back to the defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a pen problem. It works fine everywhere (with pressure). Only Illustrator don't recognise it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the delay. I would request you to please uninstall the Wacom driver completely and then reinstall the latest driver. We tried the same thing at our end and we were able to resolve it.

Do share your observations. We are looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-03 a la(s) 19.43.48.pngit did not help me !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, I just did what you suggested and it didn't help. Illustrator is still the only software that don't recognise pen pressure after the Wacom diver removal and reinstall. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In this case, I would suggest you to please contact our support team for live troubleshooting session.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/71f09a02-3841-4249-b701-14276522cf0e

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem. I also uninstalled and reinstalled, but with no results. But I also have no pen-pressure in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In Photoshop its a known issue and here is the workaround: Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

For Illustrator issue after the Mojave update, I would also suggest to Uninstall Illustrator completely using the cleaner tool(Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems) and then Reinstall (Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps )

and then uninstall the Wacom driver completely and then reinstall the latest driver.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! Glad to say that this solved the problem. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am glad that it's working again. Thanks for sharing it here.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I'm sorry to inform that I updated Illustrator and it isn't working again. I can't keep uninstalling everything and installing again on each update. Any suggestion or fix, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've the answer: open system preferences, goto 'security and privacy', Select 'Privacy'. Select 'accessibility'. Allow WacomTouchDriver and Adobe Photoshop to control your computer. Restart your mac and try again to use the wacom.

It works for me. printscreen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You are absolutely right. That the first thing to be done as mentioned in the link(Wacom Customer Support | Wacom ) above. It has to be allowed from the accessibility setting.

Thanks for sharing this.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, I did that from the first day for Photoshop and the pencil of my Wacom works at 100, but in Illustrator it does NOT work to do it. -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about that. Please contact our support team for live troubleshooting session as suggested above.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/71f09a02-3841-4249-b701-14276522cf0e

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a mail from this forum regarding Illustrator (CC). I followed their instructions and it works.

First you uninstall Illustrator (CC). Then you uninstall Wacom. After that install Illustrator again and after that the latest Wacom-driver.

It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! Working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you friend, you saved my life hehe ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines