Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure in Mojave

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having problems with pen pressure on latest Illustrator and Mojave.
I did check the System Preferences - > Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility and Automation options and while it works fine on Photoshop, it doesn't on Illustrator.

My pen tablet is a Wacom Bamboo CTL-470 and Its drivers are up to date.

I've already reinstalled Illustrator. Is this a known issue? What can I try to fix this annoying problem?
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

I got a mail from this forum regarding Illustrator (CC). I followed their instructions and it works.

First you uninstall Illustrator (CC). Then you uninstall Wacom. After that install Illustrator again and after that the latest Wacom-driver.

It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Working Now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a very excessive workaround. this one is easier

open Wacom Utility

click the lock to make changes and enter password

select radio button for All Users

click the Remove button

pressure should now be working. you may have to restart illustrator if it's running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solves it for me. Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a Mac and the OS is Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54).

I have a Wacom Intuos S CTL-4100. I am having the same issue as the previous comments in this thread. The pen pressure tool works on Photoshop but it doesn't with Illustrator, the option in the brush settings is greyed out.

I have tried resetting my Illustrator settings.

I have checked System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Accessibility and I have added Illustrator here.

I have uninstalled Illustrator, uninstalled the Wacom Drivers. Reinstalled Illustrator and reinstalled the Wacom drivers (6.3.34-2).

I have uninstalled Illustrator, uninstalled Wacom Drivers. Reinstalled Illustrator and now trying to install Drivers 6.3.33-5 but now it is telling me "You are attempting to install an older version of the driver. Remove the current driver, and then try again."

I have installed 6.3.29-6 and it's still not working.

I've contacted Wacom for assistant but can't find a way to contact someone from Adobe as the contact button just sends me on a loop of nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have tried this page?

Contact Customer Care

Are you logged into your account?

Are you on a Team license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I am unable to find where to locate any help under Contact Customer Care.

My question isn't under popular topics and when I click on Help Centre or speak to someone it loops me back to the same page.

I am logged into my account and I think I'm on an individual license.

Thanks

Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Catherine, I misread that you are having the same issue as the person who started this thread back in 2018. So my previous response is to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will contact the engineers on this app to see if they have any suggestion to your issue. If I get a response I will post it here. I also have 2 Wacom monitors and have not had any issues that you describe. Could you please give me more details on your hard drive equipment- i.e. RAM, cores, etc.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I appreciate your help. I have an Apple MacBook Pro with Intel Dual Core i5 with 8GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catherine,

Sorry to hear that the issue stands unresolved even after reinstalling Wacom drivers and Illustrator. In this scenario, I would also suggest to reach us via chat for a live troubleshooting session. Please click on this link Contact Customer Care and click on the small chat icon on the bottom right corner.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I've searched far and wide and cannot seem to find that icon when I click on the link you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to get connected via the mobile website but it's strange how the chat icon isn't there on desktop. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for notifying. This generally happens when you are not signed in with your Adobe ID. Please make sure that you are signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Today, i faced same issue. The brush pressure was not responding. Have gone through the all responses and they were not working. Even tried resetting  the preference. I found a solution just by chance. This may helpful to someone. I opened an old illustration which was illustrated by using brush pressure and copied one stock to the new artboard where the pressure was not working. Surprsingly the brush pressure option started working. You may please try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines