Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure not working in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As with other members of the community, I have the problem of the pen pressure option not being available when using brushes in illustrator - ie it gives you options for fixed or random but all others are greyed out. AI was working fine a month ago prior to updates, but now a month without my tools.

I believe I have read all the posts on how to fix this problem, but it has not worked - even had adobe take remote control of my Mac, which fixed it temporarily, but now back to square one. I have de-installed wacom and AI, re-installed various combinations, changed illustrator preferences, checked all items are in security, but it is not working. (Back to Illustrator 24.3 Wacom Intuos (Driver 6.3.34-2 as advised) MacOS Mojave 10.14.6). Any solutions  most welcome. Many thanks in advance!

🙂

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tablet is it?

What does Wacom say about compatibility? Is it supposed to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Monika.

Yes it is - or should I say was compatable. (Its a Intuos 6100WL)

It appears that I have to de-install and re-install Ai and the Wacom driver on a regular basis in order for it to recognise the pressure feature of the pen/tablet. SO today I am lucky that it is working...for now. I have now re-installed the Wacom driver (6.3.34-2) and Ai (24.3) but for anyone reading this I would advise NOT to update to the most recent versions. How long this will work i don't know. Could there be an issue with data in preferences?

There doesn't seem to be any communication between the Wacom team and the Adobe team which  would be a great help. The products appear to be a popular combination.

On a related issue the pressure is recognized in Ps and Sketch, but is intermittent. After a month, and having sent many requested files (inc. receipts, screenshots and videos) Wacom sent out a replacement pen but this has not fixed the issue.  Could this particular issue be Wacom rather than Adobe?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines