Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pen pressure sensitivity greyed out

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.0

Ever since the new update, every time I'm trying to change my paintbrush to pressure sensitive option from the drop down list box, the 'pressure ' option is greyed out and can't be selected. 'Fixed' and 'random' are the only ones that aren't greyed out.

How can I set the pressure sensitivity option on?

Please help,

Marco

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 4.45.22 PM.png

TOPICS
Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

I got that.

Installing a Wacom driver is a hack.

It worked for most people, so you should at least try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system?

Which pressure sensitive device are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macbook air

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

pen tablet is ugee 1910b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try if installing a Wacom driver on top of the original driver helps.

This is a hack that might or might not help. CHoose a driver that somewhat matches the kind of tablet you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ms. Monika,

I am not using wacom but ugee 1910b as my pen tablet. I just updated my pen tablet driver to the latest and restarted my Macbook awhile ago, but the pressure sensitivity is still greyed out.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on here but before the update, I was able to create brush strokes with varying degrees of thickness with the pressure sensitivity option on (both on paintbrush and blob brush tool). But now, I don't seem to figure out why the pressure sensitivity is greyed out.

Regards,

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got that.

Installing a Wacom driver is a hack.

It worked for most people, so you should at least try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will any kind of wacom drivers work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: it's experimental and it's a hack. Try with a driver first that roughly fits your device. If that doesn't work, try others. Maybe even other versions.

Please report if you suceed and tell us the details. This will help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ms. Monika, it worked!

Although it only works on 'paintbrush' tool not the 'blob brush' tool.

I just downloaded and installed the latest wacom driver for mac OS and then restarted my computer and voila!

I opened illustrator and the pressure senstiivity seems to work only on 'paintbrush' under 'calligraphic brush' but not on blob brush tool. I hope adobe can do something about this A.S.A.P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 7.09.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that it doesn't work for the blob brush. It uses the same engine as the calligraphy brush.

Thank you for reporting back.

Please post your request in http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this has something to do with the recent update. As we speak, I'm currently having another problem involving Adobe Photoshop wherein I get the error message "Could not use the brush tool because the scratch disks are full."

Is there anyway that I could revert back to the previous version of Adobe CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the version:

In the CC Ap when you click on a product it opens the version select.

You could also try in Photoshop if resetting the preferences helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ms. Monika, will do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing "Pressure" grayed out under my blob brush tool options. Reverting back to a different CC seems like a lame band aid fix, which forces another install of that previous version.

Has anyone come across an update from Adobe about this? This is frustrating.

I've updated my Wacom tablet with the latest drivers, rebooted my system, and restarted Illustrator. The blob brush with sensitivity is major for me, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP S.O.S
I am having the same issue, i have read multiple threads and still its greyed out.
Im using mac book air mojav
Wacom intuos.Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 12.55.31 pm.png

I have reinstalled my driver and rebooted multiple times, its works fine in photo shop
but in illustrator its greyed out. Any other suggestions?
I read somewhere to pick a plug in, but all my wacom files are also grey!

(Also no updates available)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read the Wacom installation instructions carefully and set it all up in the system?

Wacom Customer Support | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue as what? Sorry, this thread is unusable. Pleae create a new thread and post your system and version as well as the brand and model of your graphic tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a similar problem and I tried every fix mentioned here and elsewhere. None of the comunity suggestion I've seen have helped me including updating drivers, reseting preferences, utility users, etc. The one fix that I accidentally stumbled upon happened when I reopened an old AI file that contained the calligraphic brush work that I was currently trying to replicate. Once I clicked on a stroke that was previously created with custom pressure sensitivity, it "woke up" this choice as an option.  I was not only able to make new pressure brushes in this old file but also able to create new files with this available to me for as long as AI remained open. If I close AI and then reopen it, this problem repeates itself and I have to use this work around all over again. Hope this helps for those who have old files like this available to them. If you don't then you might still be screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I'm having the exact same problem latest version of Illustrator 24.0.1 Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6  Wacom Intuos Pro, MacBook Pro Mid 2014

My brushes have the pressure option greyed out. I've added Illustrator to the Wacom tablet preferences in System Preferences, Wacom tablet is also checked in Accessibility. Tried creating a new brush, didn't work. Tried opening an old file, didn't work. Any suggestions Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe Support Community

I see these comments are from 2017... I've updated my Illustrator to 24.01 and my Wacom drivers and I can't what ever I try get the pressure sensitive function to work on my brushes?

Fixed and random are the only options avalible.

Have re allocated the drivers in the program

And allocated the plugins & scratch dis to my wacon folder in preferences

And still no dice ;-( 

Greatly appreciate any advice if anyone has overcome the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried all solutions out there (uninstalling, reinstalling, accessibilty creating new admin and resetting all preferences).... but still have the same problem with it being greyed out. (Illustrator 2020, Mojave 10.14.6 and back to Wacom 6.3.39-1)

Yes, the pressure is available in the Wacom 6D brushes up to a point. Prior to most recent illustrator and wacom updates I could create dots for shading, whose size was relative to pressure. Now they are either the smallest or greatest of the parameters with nothing in between. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying all these, remember to go to

Edit--> Preferences--->Devices---> then check Enable Wacom

I missed this step and could not get it going, once I did that I got all my brush preferences back 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines