Highlighted

Pen tool in Illustrator not working properly with Mouse/ Wacom Pen

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, wondering if anyone is able to help me... when I go to use the pen tool on illustrator (im using a wacom tablet but it's also happening when I just use the mouse) the pen tool is pulsing a lot between the mouse and pen tool- it still works but it's really distracting when trying to draw with it. Has anyone had any similar experience with this? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Draw and design, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pen tool in Illustrator not working properly with Mouse/ Wacom Pen

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, wondering if anyone is able to help me... when I go to use the pen tool on illustrator (im using a wacom tablet but it's also happening when I just use the mouse) the pen tool is pulsing a lot between the mouse and pen tool- it still works but it's really distracting when trying to draw with it. Has anyone had any similar experience with this? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Draw and design, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing while using Pen tool. Could you please confirm if this is happening with a specific document or multiple documents?

You may also try resetting Illustrator preferences and let us know how it goes:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders.old
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.
    Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tablet are you using?  I have a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 and Wacom MobileStudio Pro 1... I have not seen or noticed any issues with mine.

Have you tried updating the Wacom driver?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines