• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool is not activating & shows the Pencil tool

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the tools are not working. When I click on some they will work but when I click on others like the Pen Tool it does not work. Also, it seems like the Pencil Tool somehow is activated and gets stuck even while I am not trying to use the Pencil tool. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe currently has 23 programs included in a full Cloud subscription
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Pen Tool is not activating in Illustrator.

Thanks

noreen mallory
Journalist/Author

amazon.com/author/noemallory
twitter: @nomallorywrites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting tools?

In Photoshop: Control -click (Mac) / Right -click (Win) the tool icon in the Options bar (officially called the Tool Preset Picker) and choose Reset Tool or Reset All Tools.   See screenshot.

Reset Tool / Reset All ToolsReset Tool / Reset All Tools

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem in Illustrator, and cannot reset the tools (Reset is not active it is gray). I don't know how it happened except that I changed my mouse (microsoft) to left handed (and back to right handed) and there was an update for expanded 3D tools (embossing etc.) for Illustrator. I removed the app and re-installed it, but the pencil still appears when I click the pen tool or use the shortcut P. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines