• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pen tool rubber height.

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, I am using Adobe Illustrator 2021 version. When I go to draw with the pen tool, the problem is that the rubber is getting height. Please tell me the real reason.
Thanks.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not really clear what you are even referring to due to your awkward phrasing, no offense. Please try again. Perhaps a screenshot might help, too.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

66666666666.png5555555555.pngdear sir.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click and move the handle always the other side becomes hidden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yousuf,

As I (mis)understand it, when you ClickDrag a Handle out from a new Anchor Point, the length and direction of that Handle, along with the previous corresponding Handle if any, will determine the curvature of the path segment ending in the new Anchor Point, and that includes the height of the curvature (relative to a straight segment).

Actually, you create two identical/opposite Handles, the one you ClickDrag forward and the one going backwards. Stricly speaking it is the latter that belongs to the segment you are shaping by the ClickDragging.

And when you ClickDrag the Handle(s) out from a new Anchor Point, or just Click a new Anchor Point withour a Handle, you can only see the previous Handle that points forward into the segment: the opposite Handle pointing backwards into the previous segment that you have finished is hidden; it is still there but it has no influence on the segment you are shaping.

If you deselect the finished path and then Click with the Direct Selection Tool on one of the Anchor Points, you can see both identical/opposite Handles which point into the adjacent path segments, and you can also see the Handles pointing into those segments from the other ends.

If you Click a segment between Anchor Point, you only see the Handles pointing into it from either end.

And you can change any set of Handles, and any individual Handle, in different ways to change the shape of the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines