• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pencil tool creating too many points with illustrator v 25.2.1 update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the 25.2.1 for illustrator 2021 and now whenever I draw with the pencil tool the paths have an unusually high number of points no matter what or how I draw. A path that had maybe 5 points now has 20 and because the paths have so many points the lines are coming out jagged. Before I was able to just edit the paths by drawing over parts of them with the pencil tool but this adds even more points. I've tried playing around with all the options for the pencil tool but nothing changes. This is also happening with the blob brush. I know you can smooth paths other ways but it's frustrating that I can't just draw as I would normally or have to use multiple tools to do so. This is driving me crazy! any help would be much appreciated!

*I work on a macbook pro 2017 OS big sur v 11.2 and wacom cintiq 24 pro   

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show. And please show the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply!

These are just very simple shapes drawn with the pencil tool. Before they would be a few points now they're tons. If I try to go over the paths with the pencil to smooth them out it just creates more points. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how is the pencil tool set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've different combinations numbers and fidelity. also reset a few times but all have the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work better when you don't use the Wacom, but a mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no same result with both 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not yet tried that:

Reboot the computer

Reset the Illustrator preferences (rename the folder, because you can revert it if it doesn't help: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html)

Reset the Wacom preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried all that but no luck

Thanks for the suggestions though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can now only report it as a bug. Give as many details as possible.

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update Illustrator to v25.2.3  to get this fixed. Here's a link with more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42559438-lines-...

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines