• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pencil tool keeps making circles when sketching in Illustrator on Windows machine

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I make a sketch of anything for some reason it will automatically make circles and they will appear on my sketch. Im not sure how to disable it from doing that or what exactly is happenning. 

Kapuka_0-1586517197716.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. If I am not wrong you are talking about these small round circles?

circles.png

That definitely shouldn't be happening. Can you select these circles by using Selection tool? Will it be possible for you to share this file with us?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem. Unfortunately nobody ever reacted here. I usually use the Blob Brush Tool and it really happens a lot! When it happens it is important to see it quickly because the circles become part of the lines you just sketched and can't be deleted individually. It's really weird and also pretty funny because it's so weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which input device are you using on which system? There seem to be issues with Windows Ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working on a Mac with a Wacom Intous,Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-12 um 14.28.16.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-12-12 um 14.34.56.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-12-12 um 14.35.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines