Highlighted

Pencil Tool (N) reset automatically

Explorer ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, needed your help. 

Why is my Pencil Tool automatically change to default (1pt basic stroke) whenever I try to draw using a custom brush settings. It works fine with a Brush Tool (B), but the moment I change into Pencil Tool the setting changes automatically. I watched a tutorial online and technically I should be able to draw the stroke using the Pencil Tool directly on the canvas. Any idea how to solve this? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

In the Appearance panel menu, is 'New Art Has Basic Appearance' checked?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pencil Tool (N) reset automatically

Explorer ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, needed your help. 

Why is my Pencil Tool automatically change to default (1pt basic stroke) whenever I try to draw using a custom brush settings. It works fine with a Brush Tool (B), but the moment I change into Pencil Tool the setting changes automatically. I watched a tutorial online and technically I should be able to draw the stroke using the Pencil Tool directly on the canvas. Any idea how to solve this? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug, it was selected! I just deselect it and the custom settings works directly in Pencil Tool now. You are a life savior THANK YOU SO MUCH!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0