• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance issues with Adobe Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am posting on this forum, number one: to vent my frustration, and two: To see if there is anyone out there that agrees with me. I recently purchased a subscription to Adobe Illustrator and I am now canceling because I couldn't be more unhappy with the program. I feel that I have a valid backing in this opinion because of the other programs I use. As an entrepreneur and 21-year-old engineering and design student, I have grown up around photo/video software. I use regularly: AutoDesk Inventor, Autodesk DWG, Autodesk Sketchbook Pro, ProfiCAD, Davinci resolve, and also have some experience using Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Corel Draw. All great programs that I love. I know because of this that Adobe can make AMAZING PROGRAMS... so it shocked me how much of an outdated, slow, glitchy, confusing, cluttered, horribly engineered, completely counter-intuitive, bloated DUMPSTER FIRE that is Adobe Illustrator. How can my computer that handles CAD software running an FEA structure analysis crash consistently from a vector program??? If I tried to write all of my complaints about this program I would have a list longer than Lord of the Rings, the Oxford English dictionary, War and Peace and the Bible combined. I think If there was one thing that makes me want to rip my hair out more than anything else it would be the scrolling problem though. Every single visual program that has ever been made since the stupid computer was invented, including Microsoft Fing paint, uses the mouse wheel to ZOOM!!!!!!! Why in the ever-loving GOD would you make the mouse wheel SCROLL!!!!! This is a design program, not an FING WORD DOC! I have never in my life posted on a forum and that is true. I do not mean to be too overtly rude, as I know there are plenty of brilliant, kind people that work at Adobe. The real reason for my post is that I am not the first person to complain, and It seems like Adobe never listens to its customers. It has such a safe market share in the industry and doesn't seem to care. This is becoming a bigger and bigger problem in 2021 with big corporations bulling even their customers. I am only 21 and don't have that much experience, if there are any seasoned professionals here, what do you guys think?

Cheers 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the checkbox in Preferences > General > Zoom with Mouse Wheel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the response. Yes, I have, and I must admit I feel quite perplexed. Others have said this too, but it... isn't there? That option is not on my screen. The latest update, Windows 10 latest update, multiple attempts. Even downloaded it on my Mac and the same thing. What am I missing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably need to update Illustrator. What version are you using?

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 02.11.21 copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the crashing: are you perhaps running Chrome besides Illustrator? You might want to close Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the response, and I have tried that. It does help... sometimes. But like I stated none of the other Adobe programs I use seem to have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines