• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo to vector

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I'm new to AI and I feel a bit like a deer in the headlights.  I figure I'll just start to learn little bits at a time, while still using other art programs I am comfortable with. 🙂

What I would like to do is turn a pet photo into a vector image.  Automatically.  I've started to play around a bit.  I'm getting the idea.  But, I'd love some input or video tutorials.  My biggest stumbling spot is how to save it so I can open it in my other program and edit all the paths etc.  Right now when I save it (svg) and import to my other program (Inkscape) it's one image and I can't ungroup like I normally can with other svg files.  Many, many thanks.

~Tonya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

So you are importing photos and then you are using Image Trace?

If it doesn't work just exporting as an SVG, you could try and Expand it first: Object > Image Trace > Expand.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are importing photos and then you are using Image Trace?

If it doesn't work just exporting as an SVG, you could try and Expand it first: Object > Image Trace > Expand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Thank you.  It's working now.  I may just needed to be a bit more patient in waiting for them to ungroup.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonya,

Have you used Image Trace (optimizing the settings) and then Expanded, or what happens if you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Yes. I was just a bit impatient.  I am open to tutorials on ways to edit and tweak. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonya,

Here is a search page leading further,

https://helpx.adobe.com/search-results.html?q=image+trace+options&scope=%5B%22helpx%22%5D&subscope=%...

These pages are good sources and made by Adobe. You can Bookmark (FF speak) this empty search page and just fill in accorcing to need,

https://helpx.adobe.com/search-results.html?q=&scope=%5B%22helpx%22%5D&subscope=%5B%5D&limit=10&star...

Impatient? When you have someone like Dexter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂  Thank you.  I will check them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, Tonya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines