• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pin art - how to

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I hope someone out there can help. I have to do a quick mock-up for a project based on the attached image of a pin art frame. Basically I need to illustrate a piece of furniture constructed so that when someone sits on it the surface deforms to precisely follow sitters contours. How can I quickly achieve this effect without having to draw each individual pin? Is it possible? Using extrude maybe?

Any help appreciated.

Steven

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Perhaps you could fake it with shadows and highlights. Draw the pins and then overlay the pins with a semitransparent/multiplied shape darkening the pins in the area of the body impression or better yet.

How about creating two patterns, one with pins in one position, the other with pins pushed in. Or several patterns if the pin need to appear in different prospective. Otherwise 3D software would be your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps you could fake it with shadows and highlights. Draw the pins and then overlay the pins with a semitransparent/multiplied shape darkening the pins in the area of the body impression or better yet.

How about creating two patterns, one with pins in one position, the other with pins pushed in. Or several patterns if the pin need to appear in different prospective. Otherwise 3D software would be your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines