Highlighted

Pin Tool path issues

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Ok, in Illustrator I am created a closed obect then filled it in.  Later I used the Pin Tool to add a new addition and adding to the existing anchor points.  The Pin keep changing to the fill color and stoke of the point that I am wanting to anchor on.  I even created a new layer and when ever i click on the anchor point the Pen Tool takes that anchor point atrbutes.  Is there a way to lock the stroke and fill to not change while working with the Pin Tool?

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pin Tool path issues

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Ok, in Illustrator I am created a closed obect then filled it in.  Later I used the Pin Tool to add a new addition and adding to the existing anchor points.  The Pin keep changing to the fill color and stoke of the point that I am wanting to anchor on.  I even created a new layer and when ever i click on the anchor point the Pen Tool takes that anchor point atrbutes.  Is there a way to lock the stroke and fill to not change while working with the Pin Tool?

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rark,

What happens if you toggle the New Art Has Basic Appearance/New Art Maintains Appearance button in the Appearance palette (it may seem a bit backwards/confusing)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0