Pinch-Zoom using a Trackpad

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey peoples!

I noticed in Photoshop, the pinch-zoom ability on a trackpad works great to zoom into files open on Photoshop.

How do you turn that feature on in Illustrator?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

You program your time machine for the year 2018, when AI CS 8 will finally support it. No deal ATM.

Mylenium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pinch-Zoom using a Trackpad

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey peoples!

I noticed in Photoshop, the pinch-zoom ability on a trackpad works great to zoom into files open on Photoshop.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

You program your time machine for the year 2018, when AI CS 8 will finally support it. No deal ATM.

Mylenium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 09, 2010 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2010 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's sad. That means that Adobe will really be behind the curve, with all these new touchscreen tablets coming out.

Illustrator has been a staple of my artwork, but you can't beat drawing on screen...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2010 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess Apple beat them to it and unlike PS, AI is probably too unimportant to justify cramming in such last minute features.... Well, one can always hope for the future...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2010 0
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I guess Apple beat them to it and unlike PS, AI is probably too unimportant to justify cramming in such last minute features.... Well, one can always hope for the future...

Mylenium"

Humorously, in 2018, that is not a thing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internet is getting old, guys...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Illustrator team,

I would love to have the pinch to zoom feature added to illustrator and wanted to refresh the idea. Are there any plans to include this feature in the near future?

Kind regards

Florian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2013 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I know this is probably common knowledge but 'option' + swiping up or down with two fingers rocks that zoom feature for now.  The pinch will be here soon Loving my trackpad

>>> Correction - Two finger pinch to zoom works on Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, I can pinch-zoom and two-finger scroll in Ai CC2014 on my Lenovo Yoga2 Pro. Maybe I have CS8 and didn't realize it.

Allen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2014 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realised! Two finger pinch works on the trackpad!!! My bad. #CultOfMacBaby

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad the wrong info got marked correct. A lot of people may not read any farther.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2014 1
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working in CC suite

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AllenCobb wrote:

Gee, I can pinch-zoom and two-finger scroll in Ai CC2014 on my Lenovo Yoga2 Pro. Maybe I have CS8 and didn't realize it.

Allen

if CS numbering had continued past CS6, CC2014 would indeed have been CS8.

AllenCobb wrote:

Too bad the wrong info got marked correct. A lot of people may not read any farther.

it was correct in 2010. it happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2016 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really_? does it works on Windows?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from 2019! It still does not exist.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

Hello from 2019! It still does not exist.

That's kind of weird, because I can pinch-zoom with my Macbook in Illustrator CC2019.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue could pinch zoom on my may but can on my new Microsoft surface

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2019 1
Resources