Pixelated/blurry text/image when posting on Instagram using Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a topic that has been posted about a bunch of times, each time with little to no responses that solve the issue. But, does anyone have solid advance to trying to troubleshoot pixelated text on Instagram uploads?

I have my artboards locked to 1080 x 1080–I've tried both .jpeg and .png (I've heard both are worth trying) I've tried keeping my image below 1MB. I've tried Saving for Web and also 2X my artboard size. 

I know Instagram compresses all uploads, especially effecting graphics since "it is suppose to be a photography platform" but I know plently of graphic designers who have beautiful and crisp graphics (illustrations, typography, etc) without this strange pixelating.  I've seen several people respond to posts like mine saying, "Just accept that your posts will be compressed and butched because of Instagram" but again, I've seen crisp visuals on Instagram. Which means it isn't impossible, so someone must know the answer. 

Maybe it is avoiding certai ncolors or font sizes? But even then, I've seen designs of all colors and font sizes that are crisp. 

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Tools, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please show your artwork. Please link to other artworks for comparison.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines