Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelated Exported PNGs

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I recently updated to the 2018 release of Illustrator and it seems to have reset all my settings. I am trying to export a PNG image (File > Export As ...) and keep manually setting the dpi from 72 to 500. However, whenever Illustrator imports the image the PNG is super pixelated; I assume it keeps exporting them at 72 dpi. How do I resolve this issue? I've gone through a ton of discussion boards and nothing has helped. Any advise is much appreciated.

Edit: I realize that technically PNGs are pixelated. The exported image, however, is extremely low resolution and blurry. I have exported images hundreds of times before and have never ran into this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Please update to version 22.0.1 to get the fix for this issue.

Thank You.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to version 22.0.1 to get the fix for this issue.

Thank You.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same problem and my Illustrator version is 24.1.3. Whenever I try to export this image that is only vector and text, the PNG remains pixelated, even when I export as 300dpi. If I check the pixel preview, the image appears pixelated on my screen. I searched everywhere and couldn't find a definitive solution. Does anyone have a tip for this problem? It's really annoying.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is a pixel file format. So of course there will be pixels in it. You can't enlarge it or expect it to behave like a vector image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the pixels even at 100% zoom, that is the problem. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What software are you using to view the PNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines