• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelation Glitch

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.HELP I tryed changing the points to pixels to see what it did. How ever when I switched back to points it continued to save my images as pixelated. As if I hadnt switched it back from pixels to points. It seems to be shrinking my work as well as pixelating it. Keep in mind this is only happening since I switched to pixels and then back to points. IVe tryed changing numerous settings but yet nothing fixed this problem. How do I fix this ? I have tryed saving my work in all formats..DC2669B6-8924-4B74-8524-37167F6990F6.jpeg1D887F23-54C4-45B7-8D9E-57F4C93CD3F8.jpegB3E68520-FF3A-4E89-A0CF-0A004F96F435.jpegA8CDE60F-BD83-4FCB-B0D9-04B2F2EA0CC4.jpeg

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

If by changing your points to pixels you mean that you rasterized your vector document through Object>Rasterize then I'm afraid that doing that is a one-way street. Once a vector drawing is turned into pixels it no longer contains any vector information and is essentially an image. If you look at it in the Outline mode (View>Outline) you will see that it has become an empty box. I'm not sure why you need to "check pixels" but if by that you mean that you're concerned with the drawing's resolutio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain step by step what you are doing.

Exporting in image formats creates always pixels.

Switching units from points to pixels does not make a difference.

Illustrator sees the size of both points and pixels as 1/72 of an inch.

What are the measurements of your artwork, how much are you zoomed in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If by changing your points to pixels you mean that you rasterized your vector document through Object>Rasterize then I'm afraid that doing that is a one-way street. Once a vector drawing is turned into pixels it no longer contains any vector information and is essentially an image. If you look at it in the Outline mode (View>Outline) you will see that it has become an empty box. I'm not sure why you need to "check pixels" but if by that you mean that you're concerned with the drawing's resolution then try copying and pasting it into Photoshop as pixels and establishing its resolution there. As long as you keep a drawing vector, though, resolution is irrelevant as vector art is resolution independent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines