• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixeled vectors

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing pixeled vectors which occure in various intensities dependingt on certain colors. Please see pictures below where specifically the cross lines are "stepped". It also applies to the exported PDF version an other formats such as JPG, etc. Why is Illustrator not displaying and generating straight lines? Are these "stepped" and unclean lines resulting from internal markings of the vectors like auxiliary lines or other functions? By the way, there are no additional (anchor) points within the vectors.

IpixeledVectors.png

pixeledVectors_02.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Sorry, but I just found out that this could be a display bug of my graphics driver or monitor.

I've just checked the vectors on a different screen and they look sharp and clear - strange thing.

Thank you for your prompt replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see what youare talking about.

Your monitor displays stuff using pixels.

And when you export a JPEG you export a pixel format.

Even when printing, the paths gets converted to pixels (very tiny ones, but still pixels)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems as if there is a dotted line (like auxiliary line) which makes the vector looking pixeld. And I cannot get rid of this. Please check the image below. Or am I missing some anti aliasing settings?

test.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Or am I missing some anti aliasing settings?"

When exporting as an image make sure that Art Optimized is checked for anti-aliasing, the default is Type Optimized, which can give visible edges between objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your image, I don't see any anti-aliasing at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the attached image you see 2 identical vectors with different colors. The brighter one looks totally pixeled and I don't know why.

test.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I just found out that this could be a display bug of my graphics driver or monitor.

I've just checked the vectors on a different screen and they look sharp and clear - strange thing.

Thank you for your prompt replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is the driver, maybe switching between GPU and CPU preview will make a diffrence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines