Highlighted

Pixellated png

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I recently created a logo in Illustrator using only the pen tool and font (no outside images). Every time I try to export to PNG file (client request), the shapes created are pixellated. My resolution is at 300 ppi and I've selected anti-aliasing. I've tried the different export options and remade the image in an attempt to fix it to no avail. I've exported PNG files before without ever having this issue, but cannot seem to find a way to export this without the pixellation. Thank you in advance for your help! 

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pixellated png

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I recently created a logo in Illustrator using only the pen tool and font (no outside images). Every time I try to export to PNG file (client request), the shapes created are pixellated. My resolution is at 300 ppi and I've selected anti-aliasing. I've tried the different export options and remade the image in an attempt to fix it to no avail. I've exported PNG files before without ever having this issue, but cannot seem to find a way to export this without the pixellation. Thank you in advance for your help! 

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please show us the image. How large is it? Does it have transparency?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is it? (In pixels please)

Does it have transparency? 

Be sure you check for pixelation only at 100%. DO NOT ZOOM IN TO CHECK. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSLogo424.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It previews wonderfully on Chrome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears pixel-perfect on my monitor at least. What are you seeing that's not right?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. The client I made this for was frustrated by how when you dramatically zoom in on the object, you can see pixellation along the lines of the design. Should I assume that this is just inherent to using a PNG file? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"when you dramatically zoom in on the object, you can see pixellation along the lines of the design. Should I assume that this is just inherent to using a PNG file? "

Yes, when you zoom in on pixels, you will see bigger pixels.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If he wants to see it bigger, make it bigger and higher resolution. !

Does he wants a PNG for a web page or for a poster? 

When you zoom in you cut by half or even a lot more the number of pixels shown at the same area.

It's like placing a golf ball right on your nose, it seems bigger than a football one resting on the ground.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines