Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place a picture

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

When I place a picture to work from, it appears really big, I adjusted the artboard which seemed to work but then a small white box appears in the centre - can someone help me with this please? I am beginner.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for you to share a screenshot? There should bot be a white box, could it be the centre control handle you are seeing?

Did you use the artboard tool and fit to artwork bounds?

Most times I place an image I would scale the image since the artboard is sized to the the output I am working towards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the resolution of the image (the ppi) set up? If it is set to a low value then the image would have huge dimensions in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Such a situation usually appear when artboard is  smaller than image. The white square is an artboard.

Please select picture go to Object-> Arboards->Fit To Selected Art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines