Exit

Place in illustrator using Bridge

Participant ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10.

When placeing and item into and Illustrator document, as default it opens file explorer for choosing the file.

Is there an option that Illustrator will open Bridge to choose the file?

Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use file >> place in Illustrator, you cannot get bridge there. Use a drag & drop method.

Open bridge find the image you want, drag and drop that into Illustrator. You can also drag & drop from the file explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, That's good to know

But sometimes I need to replace an existing link, and than I click on relink or on the link's name in the control panel.

Or, on other situations, when illustrator can't find a link and I need to choose it again from the folder.

And than the default is file explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You may use File > Browse in Bridge option available in Adobe Illustrator menu. I have attached a screenshot here:

Ashutosh_Mishra_0-1622792088961.png

Additionally, you may share your suggestion about getting an option to use Adobe Bridge or File Explorer while placing or opening the files on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

However, Browse in Bridge is not what I was looking for, but rather placing via Bridge.

As you suggested, I will share it and hope it will be possible in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ori manor,
This feature is not available in Illustrator. I would recommend logging this as a FR on Illustrator community forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/ct-p/ct-illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines