Highlighted

Placing CC Library Files

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to "Place a copy" in Illustrator of an asset saved in one of my libraries, the files (specifically the outlined fonts) look like they have been distorted/corrupted.

See attached image.

I have tried logging out/logging back into my CC account, updating my applications, editing and re-outlining the template, and completely replacing the file with a new one, all to no avail. Has anyone else had this image and/or know a fix?

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.27.09 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Placing CC Library Files

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to "Place a copy" in Illustrator of an asset saved in one of my libraries, the files (specifically the outlined fonts) look like they have been distorted/corrupted.

See attached image.

I have tried logging out/logging back into my CC account, updating my applications, editing and re-outlining the template, and completely replacing the file with a new one, all to no avail. Has anyone else had this image and/or know a fix?

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.27.09 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a GPU Preview problem? Try to switch: Cmd E (Mac) Ctrl E (Win).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 0
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you double click on a library asset that will open the file. Does the file look okay when you do this? If so the problem you see is a graphics display issue referenced by Ton.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. As Theresa says, the graphic DOES look correct when I double click and see the cc graphic itself. However, it still appears distorted when I export jpgs, so it still is a major issue. Do other people not have this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you place it as a Link or place it as a Copy?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag and hold option to copy it to the document. Illustrator 23.0.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0
Resources