• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing CC Library Files

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to "Place a copy" in Illustrator of an asset saved in one of my libraries, the files (specifically the outlined fonts) look like they have been distorted/corrupted.

See attached image.

I have tried logging out/logging back into my CC account, updating my applications, editing and re-outlining the template, and completely replacing the file with a new one, all to no avail. Has anyone else had this image and/or know a fix?

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.27.09 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a GPU Preview problem? Try to switch: Cmd E (Mac) Ctrl E (Win).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you double click on a library asset that will open the file. Does the file look okay when you do this? If so the problem you see is a graphics display issue referenced by Ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. As Theresa says, the graphic DOES look correct when I double click and see the cc graphic itself. However, it still appears distorted when I export jpgs, so it still is a major issue. Do other people not have this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you place it as a Link or place it as a Copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag and hold option to copy it to the document. Illustrator 23.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have definnitely experienced this same thing. Little pixels get knocked out of the lettering. We've had an original logo file go bad and we've also had a Placed Copy logo get imported into a new document with the missing pixels. It's dangerous because it's so subtle that you might not see it before something gets printed. We've had some very close calls. Any known fix to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you double click the logo in the CC library and copy it?

Does it also distort when pasted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, once the logo gets corrupted like that then the original from the Library is also damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the original or the new document snap to pixel on?

Was it an RGB file based on a web document profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test with Snap To Pixel turned On and Off. Sure enough, the problem occured when Snap To Pixel was turned On. That's it! Thank you so very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that, after I asked, I did a test with a snap to pixel document, the result was horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines