• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing image so it doesn't extend past the path

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a skateboard deck. The path is a rectangle but there is an outline of the board shape within that, and when I click on that part of the path I can color the background just so the board shape is colored, not the entire rectangle.

When I place an image onto the file it extends past that deck border and I cannot figure out how to make it disappear beyond that outline of the skateboard deck.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Make a copy of the board-shaped path, arrange the copy in front of the image, select both the copy and the image, then Object menu > Clipping Mask, Make.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a copy of the board-shaped path, arrange the copy in front of the image, select both the copy and the image, then Object menu > Clipping Mask, Make.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing. Thank you so much!!!! Worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delighted! You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All you need to do is to select the primary object item to move it to another place, I also own a website (link removed by moderator)  which I edited the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines