Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE HELP Illustrator - PANTRY LABLES

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am launching a little business of pantry labels for kitchen, home, office etc.

The idea is to design the templates in Illustrator and cut it with a cricut machine or silhouette and have all labels with a different text which needs to be updated upon customer's request.

However, I have tried doing so and created templates with different layers including one for the text.

First template is a full A4 sheet of square labels which in this specific case contains 4 lines of text which sits above one of each other.

I am facing the following issues:

- while I update the names it needs to be centered again (tried to align in all ways) no matter what the square moves along with the text 

- it won't center proprely within the square (even if align to object option is used)

Any suggestion ?

Shall I use Illustrator and if so, can you please advise how to make it quick and less time consuming ?

Shall I change the application and instead use InDesign (I do not know this app and have to subscibe to it) which if I have to to make my life easier will but If I can avoid it is best.

MANY thanks for your help, ps: english is not my native languague excuse me for mistakes in the sentences

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't really made it clear how you've gone about the individual label layout.

"The square moves along with the text"??

The square that bounds the label should be a separate object, independent of the text (and its alignment). Set a piece of center-aligned point type and center-align it with the square. When you edit, alignment will be maintained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answerring so quickly !
I would love to send you the AI so you have a better idea, isn't better ?

Let me know how if you agree to see it or if instead print screens are enough ?
Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show.

Please tell us how exactly you created the square

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for answerring so quickly !
I would love to send you the AI so you have a better idea, isn't better ?

Let me know how if you agree to see it or if instead print screens are enough ?
Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines