• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help- shadow problems

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I downloaded an image to help me create a logo. When I first edited it in Photoshop I got ugly pixelation because I had to rasterize it. I entered the world of Illustrator so I'm a total newb. I managed to create the graphic I wanted but now I have a problem and I don't have enough knowledge yet to fix it. There are shapes/objects that act as shadows in the image. They open up fine when I open the image up in Photoshop, but when I export is as a png/jpeg with or without a background, when I put it on another location (Facebook for example) the shadows reaappear as solid shapes. This didn't happen when I first created the log in Photoshop alone, I just had some higher pixelated areas, but since doing it in Illustrator, I'm having the problem. Can someone please tell me how to fix this please?

Original image

dixiembeau_0-1593648306620.pngsee the light shadows under the roof?

Shadows correct in Photoshop with no background

dixiembeau_1-1593648362811.png

Shadows as solid objects with a white background

dixiembeau_2-1593648404076.png

How it looks in Illustrator

dixiembeau_3-1593648561151.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A JPEG cannot be transparent, so just forget it.

A PNG can be transparent, but I'm not aware that Facebook respects the transparency.

Did you check the PNG in Photoshop after exporting? If it's transparent, then all is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the strange part. The shadow worked on Facebook when I had only modified the graphic using Photoshop. You can see it on the live Facebook page now if you look it up. But then, I think I downloaded it as a jpeg initially and not a vector, and that's what I modified. When I went back and used a vector and converted it, that's when I ran into a problem. Should I just decrease the opacity of the shapes in photoshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, the png in Photoshop is the corret transparency, but it doesn't have a background. When I put a solid layer under it, the shapes show up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think I understand what you are doing there jumping back between Photoshop and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines