• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help: White Lines Appear on Edge of Object After a Texture Effect is Applied:

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Not on all objects, but a lot of obejcts are showing a white edge, which seems to appear after I apply a texture effect to it.

Please view pic of the roof in this picture to understand what I mean. 

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Yours Kindly,

Drew,

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Illustrator keeps the Photoshop Effects in a separate grouping, and all of those are bitmapped and can be problematic as you encountered, therefore I never use them in Illustrator but do these projects in Photoshop.

If we knew what effect you were using and your doc rater effects settings, we could simulate and would be easier to help. What appears to be happening is on the rotated rough there is a 1 pixel anti aliased edge. You could instead make that texture on a bigger shape, then use your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Thank you Myra for taking the time to respond.

I have simply changed the effect and the white lines dissapeared. 

If it happens again then I'll be careful to not change from a gradient to a full colour.

Thanks again,

Drew.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if you applied the RGB Rust Graphic style and changed the fill from a gradient to gray. If you open the Appearance panel or go to the Appearance section of the Properties panel, you'll see what makes up the texture. Select the roof and twirl open the fill that had the gradient in RGB Rust. Even if you changed it to gray, there's an effect called Splatter that's applied to it. If you turn off the visibility for that or delete it, most of the white around the edge disappears. There's also some Spatter applied to the orange fill above what was the gradient. You can hide that or delete it, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Myra for taking the time to respond.

I have simply changed the effect and the white lines dissapeared. 

If it happens again then I'll be careful to not change from a gradient to a full colour.

Thanks again,

Drew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator keeps the Photoshop Effects in a separate grouping, and all of those are bitmapped and can be problematic as you encountered, therefore I never use them in Illustrator but do these projects in Photoshop.

If we knew what effect you were using and your doc rater effects settings, we could simulate and would be easier to help. What appears to be happening is on the rotated rough there is a 1 pixel anti aliased edge. You could instead make that texture on a bigger shape, then use your original shape as a mask. 

You may also find a solution in your effects >> doc Raster Effects settings. Is acting as if your is not set to 36 but to 0. the anti alias option may resolve this for you.

MikeGondek_0-1607927009483.png

In  Illustrator you may have to adjust your effects >> doc Raster Effects Settings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the tike to comment.

That's really helpful, I've updated my Raster Effects settings.

Thanks again,

Drew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines