Exit

Pls just tell me how - CS6 Yosemite Java

Advisor ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so confused with all the advice over this everywhere i'm looking

just updated a 2011 macbook pro to 10.10.2 - now illustrator cs6 won't open

it gets "To open “Adobe Illustrator CS6.app” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime."

the link goes to Java for OS X 2014-001 also About Java for OS X 2014-001 - Apple Support but those pages say "Download the latest version of Java for OS X directly from Oracle. Download the latest version of Java for OS X directly from Oracle."

i did downloaded from here https://www.java.com/en/download/mac_download.jsp?locale=en and rebooted several times still no joy

all os and apps up to date -- i'm really going to hate this is the fix is to uninstall all my adobe apps and reinstall them -- does reinstalling actually work -- is that what i'm missing (it worked great before I upgraded 10.10 over 10.8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

THIS WORKED FOR ME RATHER EFFORTLESSLY (installed the latest Java from Oracle and running the 2 terminal codes) from Kals #7:

Why not install the latest version of Java from Oracle (currently Java 8) and try the solution I linked to? You can create the folders manually in the Finder, or just copy and paste the following commands into the Terminal (one at a time of course) to create them automatically:

sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk

sudo mkdir -p /System/Libra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isolate your computer from the internet before creating two empty folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  The instructions in reply # 28 above will open your OX (El Capitan and later) to attacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called both adobe and apple. Adobe doesn´t give this type of support, apple helped me fix my problem. I downloaded the java for OSX from apple (I was having issues with my browser  whixh they helped me solve and was able to the download)

Thank you everyone for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dora,

Just out of curiosity: how does the solution described in your post #16 in this thread compare to the alternative/last suggestion in my post #3 in your own thread hover there, Re: illustrator won´t open , and did you ever try the first suggestion in the same post #3 which refers to the start of this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!! I installed tha latest version from legacy, but it didn´t solve the issue. I tried all suggestions including the ones with script, those didn´t work either. What solved my partiular problem was downloading :

Download Java for OS X 2015-001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, Dora.

I can see that the download page that solved the problem,

is identical to that of the last link I posted in the other thread,

the only difference being that the latter URL ends in locale=en_GB (some of us are over here).

It is good to know that it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I was having issues with Safari and the link wouldn´t work, I tried with Crome and it did... i thought it was a problem with the link, but actually it was my browser.

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Dora.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hitting problems trying to install CS6 Illustrator 16.0 on a 10.14.5 Mojave macOS (2012 Mac mini i7)

sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle

generates this:

mkdir: /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle: Operation not permitted

2MM1014:~ editeduser$

sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk

generates this:

mkdir: /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk: Operation not permitted

2MM1014:~ editeduser$

I AM UNABLE TO COPY THE FOLDERS IN PLACE

I did not install the the latest Java from Oracle   because 10.14 is pretty advanced

DO YOU THINK IT MATTERS (or is my approach broken)?

Note:

The Oracle Java License has changed for releases starting April 16, 2019
Version 8 Update 211
Release date April 16, 2019

I see hunter3740  Jan 4, 2018 10:21 AM (post 28) pasted in a lengthy process - too involved for my pea brain.

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR MAKING ILLUSTRATOR CS6 WORK AROUND THE JAVA ISSUE ON MOJAVE 10.14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know mojave because after I found out that the bridge cs6 photo downloader stopped working and because I am happy that all other programs are still working, I am not going forward with another apple OS knowing that I will shurely have problems.

what I am really curious about: is this a new computer? After I did the installation under Yosemite I didn’t have to change anything as I went to high Sierra. So I am wondering why you have to do something.

i don’t think that there is a difference using an older java or a newer one except security. But after I did the installation under Yosemite I do normal updates for Java. I am astonished about the new licensing but I still do.

regards

heike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac mini 2012 new to me

I did an Erase, start-from-scratch Mojave 10.14 install

ran the most recent Adobe DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.dmg (the full CS6 Design Web Premium trial installer and entered the retail boxed perpetual serial number)

did hit a problem updating the .0 versions the LS16 installed through Help>Update... - now that the direct stand-alone app updaters have been deleted off Adobe servers a couple weeks ago, and Adobe support unable to discuss CS6 - I'm stuck with .0 apps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gator soup,

How about this?

Adobe - Illustrator : For Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow the updaters down to the actual download: THEY ALL FAIL

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 3.30.05 PM.png

ALL THE SIMILAR PRODUCT PAGES and/or DMG UPDATERS HAVE BEEN DELETED

(Except Photoshop when I checked a couple days ago)

if you missed downloading these files they are most likely unobtainable from Adobe

I'd rather not clog up this post - it being epic and all for the java problem the past 5 years

I'm just saying CS6 'has been' changed dramatically by Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, gator soup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a macOS (which version) that can't open Cs6 Illustrator 16.0.4 because of the Java error?

in other words: What is the latest Apple OSX that can open iLL 16.0.4?

it appears Mojave 10.14.5 will not allow iLL to open because it is impossible to make Terminal install the Deploy.bundle and 1.6.0.jdk files (it hits the Java error on an Erase, start-from-scratch 10.14 / CS6 install)

I am reluctant to install latest Java updates if I am ultimately unable to put the Deploy.bundle and 1.6.0.jdk files in place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines