• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

png transparency illustrator

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have exported my illustrator file into a png for transparency background when opening up the png file to look at my illustration it has a black background does this mean its transparent when I send it off for a client as a pdf format to use ???

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Can you check the Format settings (click the little cogweel to the right of Formats) in the Export for Screens dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you open or view it? If your file is opened in Photoshop, the background is transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I  exported my illustrator file to png but when looking at my png file  it has a black background ?? is it transparent so when I give it to my client they can use it to insert on to their sale products.

also I would like to have the png file to place into a pdf file to have transparent background also??

will this all work properly ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suddenly having the same experience, and I've been exporting transparent PNGs without problems for ages. Now, when I select an asset in a layout, right click and choose Export selection, choose PNG, the area that should end up being transparent is black. I am not sure what recently changed, this never happened before. I even updated to the latest update of Illustrator and it's still happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding more to this: 
The black background does not appear if I use the legacy export for web function (command+option+shift+S), but then I don't have the option to export at multiple scales like I do for the export for screens function. Plus, I have to isolate each item on it's own artboard like back when we dragged our knuckles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the Format settings (click the little cogweel to the right of Formats) in the Export for Screens dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, thank you!! Sure enough, behind the wheel there was a setting set to black background. I have no idea how that go switched on, but thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines