• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Point Type saved in CC Library?

LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added "Point Type" to a "library". When I drag it back out it becomes "Paragraph Type". Umm… that's not what I want. Set another point type text object to "align right" and added it to the Library. When I drag it out it is Paragraph Type and the "Paragraph" rectangle nearly fills the artboard width. How can I save Point Type in a Library?

AI CC 2020 (24.3)

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Click the + in the library and select Graphic.

Alt drag to new documents.

I don't understand why the text option does not seem to work, looks like a bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the + in the library and select Graphic.

Alt drag to new documents.

I don't understand why the text option does not seem to work, looks like a bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works. Thanks @Ton Frederiks 

Edit:
Another frustration is that the library item is placed inside a "layer" with the same name as the text object. It is confusing because it appears to be a group by its appearance when opening its "Options" dialog but does not auto-delete when the contents is dragged out of it.

In fact, it IS a group because "Ungroup" works on it but the "group" remains as an object which is completely against AI standards (a group cannot exist without content).

Well, now I cannot reproduce the annomoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines