• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor Performance Adobe Illustrator

Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a picture of Current Mac and Mac OS.

There are multiple issues I have come across using this software, and honestly I am very disapointed.

• General slow mouse dragging performance, especially if you have any vector or raster images that you pan across (its absolutely horrible)

• Masking preview issues (when masking any object and zooming in and out or resizing the masked object, illustrator shows artifacts, not GPU artifacts but illustrator preview errors)

• General slow interface when closing or creating a new file (its only a few seconds, but I as an illustrator user for 20 years I can confirm it's like I am running it on an old dated mac....

These are just some that come to mind at the moment, as a long time user PC and Mac enthusiast of hardware and software I am dumbfounded that any of these issues made it past general testing of the product.

I am about to cancel my subscription and go get an older Mac Tower and run CS6 which is hands down the best, fastest and most stable version to date....

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.22.56 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enjoy CS6 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's either this sloth of a program or back to CS6 it is.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will, and I will also enjoy getting jobs done without graphical issues.

Thanks for your valuable input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Maybe those issues are because of some Graphic Card incompatibility. Try disabling Preferences > Performance > GPU performance.

Also, you can try resetting the preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/no/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestion given by @marliton, I'd request you to try the suggestions given on this community post & let us know if it helps to improve the performance of the app & stability.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines