Position of cursor when point to a Dot is missing (No x y position)

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've the Illustrator CS6 installed on my XP os for about 8 years.

Started from a year ago, I've no position display (x y cordinates) when the mouse is pointed to a Dot.

This kind of default display is missing and I don't know how to fix it.

For instance, if I draw a rectangular, I can't see the position of each corner as it was automaticly displayed before (in grey background) when the cursor was snaped to it.

Please note that I also used Hebrew Language which is Right to Left instead of Left to Right.

Maybe it has something to do with that.

Futher more, when the cursor pointed to a certain (any) dot, I see wery small grey rectangle that is too small for displaying the x y cordinate position.

For better underatanding the symptom, please see the attached image.

Please Help me!

Thanks,

Auto-xy-cordinates-are-not-displayed.png

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Position of cursor when point to a Dot is missing (No x y position)

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've the Illustrator CS6 installed on my XP os for about 8 years.

Started from a year ago, I've no position display (x y cordinates) when the mouse is pointed to a Dot.

This kind of default display is missing and I don't know how to fix it.

For instance, if I draw a rectangular, I can't see the position of each corner as it was automaticly displayed before (in grey background) when the cursor was snaped to it.

Please note that I also used Hebrew Language which is Right to Left instead of Left to Right.

Maybe it has something to do with that.

Futher more, when the cursor pointed to a certain (any) dot, I see wery small grey rectangle that is too small for displaying the x y cordinate position.

For better underatanding the symptom, please see the attached image.

Please Help me!

Thanks,

Auto-xy-cordinates-are-not-displayed.png

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Smart Guides turned on? Check in Preferences for which tags are checked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Larry,

The Smart Guides was turned ON.

Please see, in the attached file, my Preference seting for the Smart Guides!

I've tried to select different setting there - None of them effected the sypmtom.

By the way, when I switched OFF the Smart Guides, the small Grey rectangle, as showed in my main description of the symptom

was dissapeared.

Please advise me how to proceed!

Thanks,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preference - Smart Guides.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next question, are the 4 faces (regular, bold, italic and bold italic) of the Verdana font and 2 faces of Tahoma font correctly installed and activated?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell you whether these fonts are correctly installed but I have just checked them and

it seems that they are all (4 faces of Verdana and 2 faces of Tahoma) working properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Resources