Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Positioning of objects to create an even pattern

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community, 

I am new to illustrator and I would like to make a pattern of some life drawing images I've done. 

I have x 5 figures and have evening distrupted them in a square artboard however when they are turned into a pattern swatch there are gaps which make it look uneven, could someone else advise how i should position them to avoid this? I.e there is too much white space inbetween the central figures. 

Many thanks! 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

If you want to increase the white space between the contents of the tile and the edges of the adjacent tiles, then you're on the right track. In the Pattern Options panel, deselect Size Tile to Art so that you can move the artwork away from the edges of the tile without it resizing. You can also zoom out (View > Zoom Out or Ctrl/Command + -) while the Pattern Options panel is open to see more of a preview of the pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to increase the white space between the contents of the tile and the edges of the adjacent tiles, then you're on the right track. In the Pattern Options panel, deselect Size Tile to Art so that you can move the artwork away from the edges of the tile without it resizing. You can also zoom out (View > Zoom Out or Ctrl/Command + -) while the Pattern Options panel is open to see more of a preview of the pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines