Highlighted

Prefix and Suffix to Graph Column Totals

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a graph that I've created using a sliding column design. I'm able to have the column total show up properly using a text box with the following text "%31". This gives me 3 positions before and 1 position after the decimal place (e.g. 123.1). What I'm not able to do is to format the text to add a dollar sign and units (e.g. $123.1M).

Is there a way to format the text box value to add a prefix and suffix to column totals?

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Print and publish, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Prefix and Suffix to Graph Column Totals

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a graph that I've created using a sliding column design. I'm able to have the column total show up properly using a text box with the following text "%31". This gives me 3 positions before and 1 position after the decimal place (e.g. 123.1). What I'm not able to do is to format the text to add a dollar sign and units (e.g. $123.1M).

Is there a way to format the text box value to add a prefix and suffix to column totals?

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Print and publish, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With additional text objects you could do that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you manage the variable width of the text in the text box? I can’t see how I’d end up without results formatted like “$  3.5M” or “$3.5  M” with the method you’re suggesting. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When numbers don't have an equal length, it will only work either a prefix or a suffix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0