• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview doesn't match outline view at extreme zoom levels

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 24.3 Mac. At 64000% zoom, I am trying to align two irregular shaped objects (there are no common points to "snap"). So I go to Outline view in order to judge the overlap with maximum accuracy. But what I find when I shift back into Preview mode is that the foreground object "shifts" a considerable distance. In other words, two edges are perfectly aligned in Outline view, but in Preview they are offset by maybe 8 to 10 pixels on my 5K display. So, are the objects aligned or not? This is rather discouraging. I don't recall having this problem with previous iterations of AI. I have attached two screen shots to demonstrate the phenomenon.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point in question is the tip of the acute angle in the purple object. Note that in the outline view, it is perfectly aligned with the brown curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming there's no stroke?

Perhaps a GPU / CPU preview issue?

Why not bring in the 0,0 origin to the exact place on the smooth line you want, select the corner and just type in 0,0 for position, even if you zoom out, and it looks wrong at least you'll know it's in the right place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, no stroke. Good idea about using the origin coordinates. I suppose it is possible that the origin crosshair would also display offset at this zoom level, but I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines