• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview of paths invisible when drawing with pen tool

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have a problem with the pen tool in illustrator. Whenever I try to draw paths with it, the live preview that is supposed to show in every other vector design program doesn't show up in Illustrator; the path shows up only when I click to create another anchor point (whole thing is shown in the picture below).

Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks.

BTW I'm using Illustrator CS6.

illustratorPaths.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Probably you are looking for a feature that is called "rubber band" in recent versions of Illustrator. It is a preference setting, but Illustrator CS6 does not have it. It was introduced in one of the CC versions of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure what the problem is. Until you click the second time, there is no path to show up. You must, by definition, have two anchor points in order for there to be a path. From your screen capture, it seems to be working fine, unless I don't understand your question. Once you click off of it, does it remain visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you are looking for a feature that is called "rubber band" in recent versions of Illustrator. It is a preference setting, but Illustrator CS6 does not have it. It was introduced in one of the CC versions of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. I think that's it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sort of the same problem . I 'm working on two different files containing text following paths.

On one of them, let's call it file M everything works fine, but on the other , the G file  the path disapear after the first click:  F. ex. I click and draw , let my finger off the mouse : the path disapear, I click once more : the curve is there: I lift my finger , it all dis apears.

However, If I toggle the visibility ( ctrl the eye) the curves are there, visible.

However once again, the other file works fine....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention : I use  Illustrator CS4, hoping for some help

Per

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I put some weight and color on the path to make it visible so I  luckily may target the path with "Type on path Tool" and succeed in lettering, I am unable to edit it.

Thank again.

Per

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines