• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print single sided?

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't belive I have to ask this question, but… how do I print single-sided from Adobe Illustrator 25.2.3?

Every time I print, it prints double-sided. The print dialog doesn't seem to mention a single-sided option.

What can I do?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Double sided printing is controlled through your specific printer's Print dialog window. If you're on a Mac then you would click on the "Setup" button at the bottom of Illustrator's Print dialog window which will bring up your printer's dialog window. There is usually an option showing for two-sided printing in full view in this window. Make sure that it is deslected and the problem should be solved. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 9.11.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double sided printing is controlled through your specific printer's Print dialog window. If you're on a Mac then you would click on the "Setup" button at the bottom of Illustrator's Print dialog window which will bring up your printer's dialog window. There is usually an option showing for two-sided printing in full view in this window. Make sure that it is deslected and the problem should be solved. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 9.11.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It's been years since I've tried to print from Illustrator, so I'd forgotten that was down there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bill mentioned..... It has to be in our printer settings.

Now, the look of printer settings could vary if you are using a Mac or PC or even if a different type of printer.

But do what Bill said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed Bill Silbert's answer, and saw that "Two-Sided" was NOT checked in the Print dialog box shown in the example, but it still printed double sided. I tested something multiple times. Even when the box for "Two-Sided" showed unchecked, I can only get it to print single sided by checking the "Two-Sided" box to turn it on, then immediately unchecking it. Only after that would it print one-sided.

Also, even after the document has been saved with that unchecked print option, the next time I open it I had to go through this illogical step again to assure single-sided printing. (Illustrator 25.4.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which printer are you using, and which operating system (macOS or Windows)?

The reason for the questions is that the Two-Sided option is actually outside of Illustrator. Bill Silber’s screen shot shows it in the Print dialog box provided by macOS, and the Two-Sided option is put there by the specific driver software for that printer. Just wondering it it’s more of a printer driver issue.

Now, if Two-Sided works in all other applications and does not work properly only in Illutrator, then maybe there is a problem with the way Illustrator interprets that option. But first we have to positively isolate this to Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 printing to a HP LaserJet Pro 400. This is only happening in the most recently updated Illustrator. The dialog I'm offered is the same as the "Setup" example in the mentioned Bill Silbert post above. Like his sample screenshot, the "Two-sided" box was still unchecked when I looked at it following the unwanted two-sided print job. I always have to check that box and then UNcheck it for every one-sided print job I try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines